2.3. Public Poll
2.2.1. The PUBLIC POLL officially starts on March 1, 2016 and ends midnight of September 30, 2016 (7 months).
2.2.2. This will be conducted via a web-page exclusively dedicated to the "Auto Focus People's Choice Awards" linked to FACEBOOK. To participate in the poll, voters will be required to have or open individual Facebook accounts.
2.2.3. The voting procedure on the dedicated AFPCA Voting Site will be as follows:
- Search/Go to the AFPCA Facebook page.
- Go through the one-time process of clicking "Like" and registering as prompted. The required fields prior to submission are: full name, home or business address, contact no. (landline and/or cell), and email address.
- Follow the prompts to vote for your Top 5 individual selections for Automobile of the Year from each the STANDARD and LUXURY line-ups. Each of these votes will also tally a corresponding vote in the chosen model's Model of the Year classification.
- You may choose less than 5 STANDARD or LUXURY models but you may only vote once for a particular model.
- The selection of an Automobile of the Year in both the STANDARD and LUXURY classifications is required to complete the voting process, after which you simply click "Submit" to enable the system to count your votes.
- A REGISTERED ONLINE VOTER WILL BE ALLOWED TO VOTE ONCE A DAY THROUGHOUT THE POLL PERIOD.
- To vote again on any succeeding day, simply click the "Vote" icon, enter your registered name, and follow the voting prompts.
2.2.4. All votes shall appear in a separate "Results Section" on the AFPCA website within one (1) minute after these are submitted on-line. This page will also include uploaded Unit Sales figures and feature the Total Consolidated Score for each make/model both in its respective Model of the Year category as well as in the Automobile of the Year tally. THERE WILL BE SEPARATE PAGES FOR THE STANDARD & LUXURY CLASSIFICATIONS.
2.3. Month-to-Date Units Sales
2.3.1. Units Sales figures to be used for the AFPCA will be derived solely from "the number of Brand New Vehicles sold by duly-recognized/accredited motor vehicle manufacturers (as stipulated in Item 1.1.1.) and submitted for New Vehicle Registration to the Land Transportation Office (LTO)" within a specified period.
2.3.2. The specified period will be from January 1 – September, 2016.
2.3.3. For any particular make/model to qualify for the AFPCA Model/Automobile of the Year Awards, a specified minimum number of units sold/registered on or before September 30, 2013 must be complied with.
The required minimum number of units sold (regardless of variant) will be as follows:
- Standard Model Categories: Five (5) units
- Luxury Model Categories: One (1) unit
2.3.4. The Unit Sales data will exclusively be provided by Stradcom Corporation, the official data provider of the LTO for information as described in Item 2.3.1. These will also be pre-audited and reviewed by the AFPCA Awards Committee before uploading and inclusion in the Results Section of the AFPCA website.
2.3.4. Unit Sales data will periodically be uploaded on the Results Section of the AFPCA website as follows:
2.4. Determination of Awards
- January – February Sales – on or before March 30, 2016
- March Sales – on or before April 30, 2016
- April Sales – on or before May 31, 2016
- May Sales – on or before June 30, 2016
- June Sales – on or before July 30, 2016
- July Sales – on or before August 30, 2016
- August Sales – on or before September 30, 2016
- September Sales – on or before October 20, 2016
2.4.1. The automobile make/model that garners the Highest Total Consolidated Score in its designated STANDARD or LUXURY category shall win the 2016-2017 MODEL OF THE YEAR – PEOPLE'S CHOICE Award for that category.
2.4.2. The automobile make/model that garners the Highest Total Consolidated Score in the separate "Automobile of the Year" category for STANDARD & LUXURY classifications will be respectively declared the "2016-2017 AUTO FOCUS PEOPLE'S CHOICE AUTOMOBILE OF THE YEAR – STANDARD" and the "2016-2017 AUTO FOCUS PEOPLE'S CHOICE AUTOMOBILE OF THE YEAR – LUXURY" winners.
2.4.3. In the event of a tied score, the model with a higher number of Public Votes shall be declared the winner.
2.4.4. The final and official results are to be announced at the 2016-2017 AUTO FOCUS PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS NIGHT on a designated date/venue.
2.4.5. The results declared and announced by STV during the AWARDS NIGHT are to be considered final and are not subject to appeal.